Setting up a new mac

I finally updated my Mac, which means I need to do some setup that I haven't had to bother with in like five years.
I'm collecting my notes here, in case I have to set yet another Mac in five years or less.

Emacs

I used to have carbon emacs or even Aquamacs in the past. But now emacs for Mac seems to live in GNU Emacs For Mac OS X.

Emacs keyboard

And with scandinavian keyboard, there's always a bit of a hassle to get things right:
osx - How can I write braces, { and }, in Emacs on Mac OS X with a ...


(setq mac-option-modifier nil
      mac-command-modifier 'meta
      x-select-enable-clipboard t)

Emacs and cscope

Install the tool from macports and setup emacs:


(add-to-list 'load-path "/opt/local/share/emacs/site-lisp")

(custom-set-variables
 ;; custom-set-variables was added by Custom.
 ;; If you edit it by hand, you could mess it up, so be careful.
 ;; Your init file should contain only one such instance.
 ;; If there is more than one, they won't work right.
 '(exec-path (quote ("/usr/bin" "/bin" "/usr/sbin" "/sbin" "/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/bin" "/opt/local/bin"))))
(custom-set-faces
 ;; custom-set-faces was added by Custom.
 ;; If you edit it by hand, you could mess it up, so be careful.
 ;; Your init file should contain only one such instance.
 ;; If there is more than one, they won't work right.
 )


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

iMovie event library on a network drive, NAS

Proxmox PCIe passthrough on HP gen8 - failed to set iommu for container

Backup and restore observium